National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) published a study report on the skill gaps persisting in the Indian industry. The report highlights that India will need approx. 500 million skilled workforces by 2022 i.e. almost half of the today's population. This workforce is required across the industry spectrum. It is an endevour of DKSDC to contribute to this required pool of talent.
Most of the students in schools, colleges, business schools, coaching classes, Govt. ITIs are enrolled with self funding or certain government schemes facilitate their education. However, employment oriented vocational training is sought by the underprivileged, who don't get access to mainstream education system mentioned above. In these circumstances, they need a sponsoring agency, be it a philanthropist, govt. scheme or a corporate, etc. Every corporate shoulders the responsibility of giving back something to the society from their earnings. They try to discharge this social obligation through their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)programs. These programs could include community development, agricultural developments, adult education, primary education, women empowerment programs, livelihood generation through vocational training, etc.
Considering the NSDC report lot of corporate have started working closely on the skill development projects. It is very important to reach out to right target audience and implement these projects by partnering with right training partners. They look for knowledgeable and dedicated partner to execute these programs at grass root level and discharge their obligations towards society.
We invite Corporate partners/ Philanthropist to join us on board for nation building by way of skill development and livelihood mapping.They can meet their CSR through – DKSDC, an initiative of Khandesh College Education Society.
We work with them, in close co-ordination, across the entire value chain of vocational training i.e. Mobilization of the beneficiary/ candidates, training candidates, placement of candidates and hand-holding with them during initial period of employment.
- MoU is signed between Dr. Kalam Skill Development Centre and the sponsoring corporate to execute “Skill Development Program wide their CSR.” The engagement model and commercial terms and conditions are part of such MoUs.
- Skill development program calendar is finalized in co-ordination with the sponsoring corporate.
- Training programs are implemented for the shortlisted beneficiaries.
- Placement is offered to the passed candidates and report related to the training and placement of the beneficiaries is submitted to the corporate.
- A committee , comprising of representatives of sponsoring corporate & Dr. Kalam Skill Development Centre shall monitor the execution of the project.
Role of DKSDC
- Mobilization of the right beneficiaries from city or rural areas aspiring to be vocationally trained professionals.
- Provide theoretical and practical curriculum for each course.
- Conduct assessment tests at regular intervals for effective training delivery.
- Certification of passed candidates.
- Ensure right communication with industry & industry associations for placement of successful participants.
- To maintain all the training assets at center in good working condition to facilitate uninterrupted training.
- To ensure ample supply of training material, consumables, etc. to ensure smooth execution of training program.
- Placement of passed candidates for right job profile, hand-holding with candidates for initial period.
DKSDC committed to extremely high level of performance standard in terms of quality of training, delivery mechanism of training and post training hand holding by way of placement support and advisory.
DKSDC ensures placement opportunity for minimum 55% of successful participants within three months of course completion in the first year of its operation. This shall be increased in a phased manner to ensure that the percentages for the corresponding years will be 65%, 75%, 80% and ultimately 85% placement shall be ensured at the end of 5th year.